Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learning To Forgive & Move On

Sharing something Chad & I decided to work on: He who angers you conquers you.~Elizabeth Kenny. Sometimes people will do & say things out of anger w/out thinking. Holding a grudge and hating that person only makes YOU filled w/bitterness, & anger. Life is to short for any of it. Plus it put's a strain on relationships w/others. I have had to learn to let go and forgive my mother for things she's done & said to me out of anger/hate. I don't have a relationship w/her, (nor do I want one). Sadly, I'm a happier person not having her in my life. And letting go doesn't mean we have to have a relationship w/that person. It just means we are the bigger person and are capable of letting go, moving on, and not holding on to hate. As Christians we are to forgive just as God forgives us. We are to be Christ like, he made us in his image. ~Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.~Buddha...I'm still a work in progress, & I am NOT perfect (who isn't)? I still have people & family to forgive & let go of the hurt/pain/anger they've caused. But I'm getting there. I keep asking myself WWJD? I know exactly what he would do and what he wants me, & you to do the same...FORGIVE! You don't even have to tell that person that you forgive them, you just have to do it w/ your heart. I'm not saying it's easy, but I believe it makes your life better & happier. I love this quote ~How people treat you is their karma; how you react is your karma.~Wayne Dyer Something to think about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment